We will save you more than our fees – no idle boast, we can prove it and will guarantee it. Yacht Management putting your interests first.
Motor and sailing yachts up to around 24 meters often do not have full-time or part-time crew. For many years Power To Sail ran a Yacht Management and Care package for owners. We are being asked for this continually and we now have the personnel to run it efficiently. For larger yachts we usually work with two specialist companies, depending upon the size, type of yacht and the owner’s requirements.
Working with locally based experienced yacht crew, trusted and accredited service engineers, we can offer a year-round cleaning and yacht management services.
See below for the four packages we propose – all of which can be customised to suit individual requirements. Available throughout the French Riviera, based at Port Vauban, Antibes. Covering Golfe-Juan, Cannes and all ports through to Monaco.
Available from our home port of Port Vauban, Antibes. Also available at Port Canto, Cannes, Le vieux Port, Cannes, Port Camille Rayon and Le vieux Port in Golfe-Juan. Port Gallice, Antibes and all ports east through to Monaco.
Example of a Monthly Package
- Wash-down Twice – soap wash superstructure, decks and stainless.
- Check lines/fenders
- Check ground lines, fenders and check for any water ingress at least twice per month, more after any inclement weather and high winds
- Check battery charger function/ Shore power
- Run air-conditioning/heating – flush WC’s periodically
- Run up engines and generators
- Act as Emergency Contact for the Capitainerie.
- Remove Bimini top
- Put on winter covers
- Clean and store exterior cushions
- Remove tender – service engine and store
- Clean engine room
- Fill fuel tanks and treat with antibacterial product
- Treat black and grey water tanks with deodoriser/cleaner
- Check operation of all systems – engines, generators, water-makers, steering, trim tabs, Audio Visual, deck gear, windlass, cranes, bow and stern thrusters, hull fittings and valves – then advise on service/repair during lay-up or during Shipyard period
- Advise/act on servicing or replacing Safety Equipment
- Treat teak decks
- Empty and clean all lockers and bilge areas and repack as necessary
- Provide quotes for servicing of main engines, generators, and gear boxes
Management ONE – a technical audit of your boat so we can advise on the steps that you ought to take in order to run your boat efficiently. We look at the available ownership and service history – any surveys which have aready been undertaken, and we put it into a dossier along with a spreadsheet signaling service intervals and check intervals of the components. A Technical Audit* will take 3 full days plus travel – 1 day on board and 2 days office based – travel time and time overruns will not be charged for. Any works carried out since the last survey can be documented and acknowledged. We will send you e-mails and/or WhatsApp messages to remind of service intervals and interventions needed – such as operating sea cocks. € 1,800 per annum (€ 150 per month) payable upon booking the Technical Audit.
Management PLUS – a technical audit as above plus organising crew, yard periods, servicing, running repairs and cleaning. No commission is sought and if offered will be paid back to the client. Management PLUS clients will benefit from discounts offered to Professionals from suppliers of parts and services. So, there is no mark up of goods and services. Engines, generators, and ancillary equipment can be run during visits. Cost € 1,800 payable upon the booking of the Technical Audit* plus € 600 per month.
Full Yacht Management – this service is only offered to clients where we have Service Centres nearby – namely between San Remo and Cannes. Empuriabrava and Valencia and the South Coast of the UK. We do a minimum of two security visits per month – we take care of all the disbursements for servicing, crewing, hotel supplies, parts and fuel. We can act as Central Agents for Charter (if required) and will advise on all aspects of the safe running of the yacht. The initial Technical Audit is included in the fees and crew – whether full time, employed seasonally or employed on an ad-hoc basis will be audited to ensure that the weekly/monthly checks are done. Engines, generators, and ancillary equipment can be run during visits. Price is € 2,000 per month April to September and € 1,000 per month October to March.
Super Yacht Management – for fully crewed yachts of all sizes, but generally speaking between 24 and 90 meters. The most economical running of a yacht possible, without detriment to the ownership experience nor the morale of the crew.
The service basically covers all aspects of yacht ownership relieving owners of the day to day management of their yacht. We are accountable and will publish regular reports, but not limited to:
Crew contracts and payroll
Refits and winter works