The Côte d’Azur is undoubtedly one of the most popular and glamorous places in the world and the French Mediterranean one of the top charter choices for people wanting to discover this breathtaking destination. The region has so much to offer with is sublime climate, warm and clear turquoise water, and stunning landscapes.
From Monaco to St Tropez from designer shops and famous gastronomic restaurants to tranquil anchorages in completely unspoiled bays, the French Riviera is the perfect charter destination.
Being the 2nd smallest country in the world, what Monaco lacks in size it makes up for in atmosphere!. The principality is a mélange of modern and medieval. The Princes Palace built on a rock comprising of medieval winding streets dominates the Port Hercules, the modern town, with its sky scrapers, shopping malls and the famous Casino. Monaco hosts the most famous Formula one race where the cars lap Monte Carlo’s narrow and twisting streets 78 times! Imagine watching the grand prix from the flybridge of a yacht moored a few meters away from the track. We still have availability on some of our boats for the The Monaco Grand Prix 2012 during the weekend of the 26th & 27th May 2012
Beaulieu sur Mer
Sheltered at the base of beautiful cliffs Beaulieu is a pretty seaside village with a local market in the main square every morning and heaps of atmosphere. Due to its sheltered position is has a lush vegetation of giant cacti and orange and lemon trees. It is situated on the edge of St Jean Cap Ferrat, the perched village of Eze and Villefranche.-sur-Mer and just 10kms from Monaco.
One of the most popular anchorages on the coast due to the stunning backdrop of landscape. The town offers exquisite cobbled streets of brightly painted red, orange and yellow houses. Trendy cafés and restaurant serving freshly caught local fish and overlooking the stunning little port.
This has to be our favorite and the home to the Power To Sail office. Antibes has the biggest yachting center on the coast thanks to the largest “Port de Plaisance” in Europe. Antibes has heaps of atmosphere and despite its huge cosmopolitan community has managed to keep it local fishing village atmosphere.
You can wander around the small pedestrian streets with quaint shops and cafés or visit the Picasso Museum and local covered market. For more lively night life and designer shops just pop around the Cap d’Antibes to Juan les Pins.
Known throughout the world for hosting the annual Cannes Film Festival, this year held between the 16th – 27th May 2012, Cannes has much more to offer. One could spend hours wandering along the famous “Croisette” overlooking the bay of Cannes and the Esterelle Mountains, with a backdrop of some of the most prestigious hotels in the world. Similarly the rue d’Antibes will keep shoppers happy with an array of designer boutiques.
St Tropez is located in the Var and it is known today for its famous and extremely wealthy summertime guests. It has been dubbed the ‘playground to jetsetters, fashion models, and millionaires’, and it is most-enduringly known as the place where the iconic Brigitte Bardot was “discovered” Well worth a stay overnight in the port or at anchor as the village is stunningly beautiful full of atmosphere and hustle and bustle. Take a trip to the beautiful Pampelone beach and its famous Beach Clubs for a gourmet lunch.
Typical 7 day itinerary for a charter on the French Riviera
- Day one: Arrive in the afternoon at Nice Côte d’Azur airport and transfer to Port Vauban in Antibes. Aperitif and dinner on board or in a local recommended restaurant
- Day two: Cruise one hour to St Tropez for lunch at Club 55 on Pampelone beach; spend the afternoon on the beach. Dinner on board
- Day three: Cruise to the stunning Porquerolles islands a nature reserve with unspoiled terrain of breathtaking beauty. Rent a bicycle and explore the islands sandy beaches and hidden bays. Dinner in a Michelin star restaurant
- Day four: Cruise back towards Cannes anchoring off between the Lerins Islands. Explore the islands on foot or afternoon shopping in Cannes. Dinner on board
- Day five: Cruise to Villefranche to see the beautiful port and old town. Afternoon sunbathing on board. Dinner in a local recommended restaurant
- Day six: Day in Monaco sightseeing and a visit to the Casino to try your luck!
- Day seven: Cruise to the beautiful town of Nice for a morning of shopping or sightseeing. Drop off at Nice Côte d’Azur airport
Ask about our day charter along the French Riviera for example:
- Cannes and the Lerins Islands
- St Tropez and Pampelone Beach
- Villefranche & Monaco